Having a conversation with one of my best friends today, and she mentioned volunteering for one additional reason other than the obvious two.
1. I am a nice person and I love helping people when I can. It makes them feel good as well as myself because of that reason.
2. I gain valuable experience such as; food prep (soup kitchen), resources from knowledgeable people and situations in a direction I want to take my life.
3. It looks good on a resume
The point is experience and doing something good. So I have volunteered for 4 places. 1. Meal prep at a homeless shelter
2. Library assistance to young children
3. Gardening to a local conservatory
4. Offering any time I have to help with the angels of autism network.
This makes me happy and excited.
Who knows where this path will lead but only good things I suspect.
Aidan and I at the park yesterday.
Summer Days at Rockaway Beach, New York, 1950
5 hours ago